Court-Hampton Painting can fix any water damage to your homes drywall or plaster.
This damage is usually caused by water and frequently located in the ceiling. Skylights are prone to water damage. After the source of the damage is fixed (leaky roof, pipes etc.) our painters will then proceed to plaster the patches in your home.
A typical drywall plaster repair is executed in the following steps:
- Our painters cover floors with fresh clean dropsheets underneath the damage and its surrounding area, and cover any furniture with fresh plastic to protect your home.
- The water damaged area (if the cause of damage was water) is cut out and disposed of to prevent mould from occuring at a later date.
- New drywall matching the thickness of your current drywall or plaster is cut to the size of the hole and attached by 1 inch strapping and appropriate screws.
- Mesh tape is applied to the joints of the cut out drywall and two coats of sheetrock are applied (much stronger than drywall compound) followed by a skim coat of low dust compound. The patch is sanded using our low dust sanding method and then primed.
- We then determine the exact paint product and colour used for your ceiling and depending on the situation will either blend in the patch or paint the entire ceiling.
- After the painting to your home is done we clean up and take away any garbage with us.
Check out our new blog post on how to mix Sheetrock 90!