Interior painting in Toronto is our specialty, and the majority of our painting business. At Court-Hampton Painting Inc., we understand intimately the nuances of painting the interior of a home and our painters take pride in that fact.
We thrive on incorporating the perfect paint colour along with razor sharp paint lines and a smooth as glass texture to make your home look like a photo shoot for a design magazine, or a cozy retreat.
Once a colour is chosen a typical interior painting job in a house is executed in the following steps:
- Our painters break down the room to be painted by removing furniture, door knobs and hardware, light fixtures, electrical face plates, rugs and paintings or wall mounted art. We completely cover any furniture to big to move in fresh clean plastic, and completely cover the floor in fresh clean drop sheets.
- Our painters start the paint preparation for your home by pole-sanding walls and ceilings and hand-sanding trim and doors. This is a light sanding or scuff sanding that removes contaniments and gloss, promotes paint adhesion, and smoothes the painting surface, all with very little dust.
- Painting preparation continues for your house by scraping the profile off of cracks, holes and nail pops, then filling them with two coats of Sheetrock 20, and then applying a finish coat of low dust compound for plaster and drywall. Wood is filled with two coats of wood filler and trim is caulked to the wall. These patches are then sanded using minimal dust sanding method and then spot primed.
- Two coats of dead flat paint are applied to your homes ceiling (to eliminate lap marks). Two coats of a paint and sheen of your choosing ( we have accounts with all major manufacturers and can advise you if need be) are applied to your walls and trim. We prefer low VOC paints with little or no fumes. We use mildew-resistant low VOC paint for bathrooms and kitchen.
- Our painters will then clean up the job ( which is usually minimal because cleaning of the paint job site is done at the end of every work day), remove plastic and drop sheets, vacuum, replace furniture, fixtures, electrical face plates, hardware, doorknobs and rugs. All garbage produced from painting leaves your home with us. Finally, we leave you with well- marked cans of touch-up paint.
Your home is now professionally painted.
Court-Hampton Painting Inc.